Wednesday, March 2, 2011

USING “FAMILY GROUPS” IN PSYCH 48 – FAMILY THERAPY

By Janice Takahashi, Student Success/Student Learning Outcomes Coordinator, Professor
San Joaquin Delta College

Over the winter break I thought about how I could better teach and engage my students in the learning process. I was not satisfied with the depth of their learning, especially since most of these students were preparing for careers as paraprofessionals in counseling. In spite of the fact that there are individual reflective writing assignments, individual hands-on creative projects and contextualized examples of theoretical information presented in my lectures, learning was still on the surface. I thought about group work projects instead of individual projects, additional assignments and different ways of giving feedback and then I stopped. I realized that I was going about it in all the wrong ways.

Click HERE for full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment